Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hearty Hot Cakes

The Starr Fellas got a special Valentine's Day treat this morning - pancakes stamped with love :)

First mix up your pancake batter. I sifted the mix to get out any lumps. Remove about 3/4 of a cup and thin it out with water. Add some food coloring to make a pretty pink. Pour it into a squeeze bottle (I snipped a bit more off the tip of the bottle to make it a little easier)

Draw a heart with the tinted batter in the hot pan.


Once the hearts begin to bubble, drop plain batter over to make the pancake


When the plain batter starts to bubble, flip 'em over and....


Viola! A sweet valentine breakfast treat!

I started to get a little fancy...


And I liked the border technique




Once I get REALLY good, I'll submit a photo to The Pancake Project, check out these amazing creations:


Flap Jack Bauer





Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment